Wednesday, June 28, 2006

disoriented

I am in Athens for orientation at UGA. Orientation is two days long and as far as I can tell, a total waste of my life. I really don't want to hate it here, but I think I am starting to. There is no such thing as diversity here. In a single study abroad seminar [which I skipped out on to hang with Brittney] I observed only 5 minority students (including myself) out of 52 students [about 9.6%]. It isn't that I am at all racist, I even initially thought I might like UGA more because of the change in demographics, but the type of kids that are here are obnoxious s-horror girls and frat brats that are interested in little more than getting drunk off of their asses all of the time. These aren't the kinds of people I can see myself getting along with. They are self-absorbed, spoiled, and shallow. God help me. Maybe it will be a lot better when I'll be here with Brittney, Alexis, and Erica. Tomorrow doesn't appear to be shaping up much better. At least Brittney let me sleep here in her dorm so that I don't have to wake up terribly early and use the community showers in Brumby. My roommate Jimmy must be wondering what the hell I am doing. Oh well, at least I can enjoy my sleep and early morning. I think I shall skip breakfast with everyone else and eat over at East Campus Village with Brittney. Again, I say that I hope I will enjoy myself here in the fall and that I am just too antisocial to truly benefit from this orientation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home