Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Georgia's leaving...now and later

I have a terrible headace, so sadly, I cant go as in-depth as I would have liked with this post, but I've come a realization. My friends serve individual purposes. [ChantaƩ is the one with whom I do crazy stuff, Georgia the one with whom I can be emotional, and Jessica the one with whom I can be myself and who knows me better than I know myself.] This may be like a "duh" moment, but, as I wrestle with the idea of life after high school, I realize that my best friends will be so far away. I have a terrible track record when it comes to keeping in touch. Supposedly, I unconsciously abandon people, without malice... I just let them go. I've lost most of my best friends to distance. Not even great distances either. My best friend from elementary school lives maybe ten minutes away yet I havent seen or spoken to him in at least seven years. My eighth-grade teacher, Ms. Vonderhaar finally moved to Nevada to be with her children and I am so worried that no matter how much I love her, I wont keep in touch with her. Anyway, to address the real issue, I don't know what I'm going to do with out my best friends. Who will I turn to? Actually, in true antisocial fashion I will probably turn to the kids that went to highschool with me [even though I never really liked them] in order to have a social life and keep all emotions to myself. I am dreading this transition so much. Georgia leaves tomorrow for Chicago to have orientation. She'll be gone for four days, which isn't a big deal, but it let me know that this is really happenening.

She's in love. We had a really long conversation about it tonight, but I think I might save that for later. Her friend John was there for most of it though. He is really insightful and wise so I have a lot of respect for him. Since Georgia and I are so similar, the conversation made me wonder if I could fall in love and with whom? Georgia's love is odd so does it mean I could really fall for Shane? Who knows. He isn't the most gorgeous person in the world, but he is an absolute sweetheart and I feel great when I'm with him. It's extremely to be thinking about love, but I just had to wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home